Latest Intel Processors available in our Custom and Gaming PCs
What are the latest Intel processors?
The latest Intel processors we offer are the 10th, 11th, and 12th generations. The 13th Generation are due to be released October 2022. The 10th generation is the oldest, and as such is generally cheaper. The 11th probably offers the best value for performance. The 12th generation is the newest, and as such you will pay a premium for the latest technology. All generations offer i3, i5, i7 and i9 processor.
10th Generation Comet Lake Processors
Introduction to 10th Generation Comet Lake Processors
The 10th generation Comet Lake processors were released late 2019 by Intel, and offered significant improvements over the previous generation. Because they are older, they now are a lot cheaper than at launch, and as such offer great value for money.
Benefits of the 10th Generation Comet Lake Processors
The 10th Generation Comet Lake Processors offer a number of benefits over previous generations, including:
1. Increased performance: The new processors offer up to a 20% increase in performance over previous generations, making them ideal for demanding tasks and gaming.
2. Improved power efficiency: The new processors are more power efficient, meaning they'll generate less heat and require less energy to run.
3. Enhanced security features: The new processors include enhanced security features that help protect your data from malware and other threats.
4. Great Value for money. Because they are now older, you can get a higher end 10th Gen processor for the same or cheaper than a newer generation.
Check out our 10th Gen Intel Gaming PCs
11th Generation Rocket Lake Processors
Introduction to the 11th Generation Rocket Lake Processors
The 11th generation Rocket Lake processors were released in March 2021 by Intel, and offer significant improvements over the previous generation. These new CPUs offer higher clock speeds, more cores, and support for PCIe 4.0. They also include a new architecture called Xe that offers significantly improved performance over the previous generation. Overall, these new processors offer a significant increase in performance and are a great option for anyone looking to upgrade their CPU.
Benefits of the 11th Generation Rocket Lake Processors
1. Increased Performance: The 11th generation processors offer increased performance over their predecessors. This is due to the new microarchitecture, which offers higher clock speeds and improved efficiency.
2. Improved Graphics: The 11th generation processors feature improved integrated graphics, which offer better gaming and multimedia performance.
3. Enhanced Security: The 11th generation processors come with enhanced security features, which helps protect your system from malicious attacks.
4. New features: include support for PCI Express 4.0, Intel Optane memory, and Thunderbolt 4.
Check out our 11th Gen Intel Gaming PCs
12th Generation Alder Lake Processors
Introduction to the 12th Generation Alder Lake Processors
The 12th generation Alder Lake processors are the latest release from Intel. These processors offer significant improvements over previous generations, including increased performance and energy efficiency. Alder Lake is also the first Intel processor to use the new 10nm process technology.
One of the key features of the Alder Lake processor is its ability to switch between high-performance and low-power modes. This allows for better energy efficiency and increased performance when needed. Additionally, Alder Lake processors include support for PCI Express 4.0, Thunderbolt 4, and Wi-Fi 6E.
Benefits of the 12th Generation Alder Lake Processors
The 12th generation Alder Lake processors offer a number of benefits over previous generations, including:
1. Increased performance: The Alder Lake processors offer increased performance thanks to their improved architecture and higher clock speeds. This makes them ideal for demanding tasks such as gaming and video editing.
2. Improved power efficiency: The Alder Lake processors are more power efficient than previous generations, meaning they generate less heat and require less energy to run. This makes them ideal for use in laptops and other portable devices where battery life is important.
3. Enhanced security features: The Alder Lake processors include enhanced security features such as Intel SGX (Software Guard Extensions) which help to protect your data from malicious attacks.
4. New Features: Support for DDR5 memory and PCIe 4.0
Check out our 12th Gen Intel Gaming PCs
13th Generation Raptor Lake Processors
Introduction to the 13th Generation Raptor Lake Processors
The 13th generation Raptor Lake processors are expected to launch in the second half of 2022. The new CPUs will be based on the 10nm SuperFin process and will offer significant improvements over the previous generation.
Raptor Lake will offer up to 24 cores and 32 threads, with a base clock of up to 3.5 GHz and a boost clock of up to 5.8 GHz.
Benefits of the 13th Generation Raptor Lake Processors
The main feature of the 13th generation processors is the SuperFin process, which offers significant improvements over the previous FinFET process. The SuperFin process enables higher clock speeds and lower power consumption.
In addition, Raptor Lake will offer support for DDR4 & faster DDR5 5600mhz memory , It will offer more cores than previous generations.
Check out our 13th Gen Intel Gaming PCs
Intel Core i3 Processors
Introduction to the Intel Core i3 Processor
The Intel Core i3 processor is a mid-range processor that sits between the entry-level Intel Pentium and the high-end Intel Core i5, i7 and i9 processors. Traditionally an i3 has always been Dual Core, but for Intel changed this a few years back, and now all i3 from the 10th Generation onwards are Quad core.
It offers good performance for everyday tasks such as web browsing, email, office applications and media playback.
The Intel Core i3 is more affordable than some of the other options on the market, making it a great choice for budget-conscious shoppers.
Check out our Intel Core i3 Gaming PCs
Intel Core i5 Processors
Introduction to the Intel Core i5 Processor
The Intel Core i5 processor is a powerful and efficient six-core processor that is designed for use in mainstream desktop computers. It offers excellent performance and features, making it a great choice for users who want a fast and capable processor.
Check out our Intel Core i5 Gaming PCs
Intel Core i7 Processors
Introduction to the Intel Core i7 Processor
The Intel Core i7 processor is designed for speed. With its eight-core design, it can handle more tasks at once, meaning that your computer will be able to process information faster and you'll be able to run more programs at the same time without your computer slowing down.
Check out our Intel Core i7 Gaming PCs
Intel Core i9 Processors
Introduction to the Intel Core i9 Processor
The Intel Core i9 processor is the flagship and most powerful processors in the Intel Core lineup.
One of the main benefits of Intel Core i9 processors is that they offer faster processing speeds and a higher number of cores. This means that your computer will be able to handle more tasks and processes at the same time, without slowing down. This makes the Core i9 ideal for demanding tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, and gaming.
Check out our Intel Core i9 Gaming PCs
How to choose the best Intel Processor for my PC?
Work out your budget
There are a few things to consider when setting a budget for your PC. The first is what you will be using the PC for. If you are only going to use it for basic tasks like browsing the internet and checking email, then you won't need to spend as much as someone who plans on using their PC for gaming or video editing.
Another thing to consider is how often you plan on upgrading your Intel Gaming PC. If you only plan on upgrading every few years, then you can afford to spend more on each individual upgrade. However, if you want to keep your PC up-to-date with the latest technology, then you'll need to budget accordingly.
Finally, consider any other peripherals or accessories that you may need. These can include things like a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. If you already have these items, then they don't need to be factored into your budget. However, if you don't have them yet, then be sure to add them into the mix.
What will you be using the PC for?
The best Intel processor for your PC depends on what you'll be using it for. If you're a casual user, you'll probably be fine with an Intel Core i3 or i5 processor. If you're a power user or gamer, you'll need an Intel Core i7 or i9.
Will Core Speed or No of Cores be more beneficial?
Depending on what you will be using your PC for can have an effect on what Intel CPU will be best for you. Some tasks / software perform best with a processor that has the fastest single core speed. Some can take advantage of multiple cores.
How can I get support choosing the right Intel Processor?
We are here to help you! If you have questions about our products or services, please contact us. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01902 714533